There’s an art to opening and closing a bonnet the right way. And by the end of this short video, you’ll have learnt it.
You’ll need to open your bonnet to check things like washer fluid and oil. Here’s how to do it properly:
- First, make sure your handbrake’s on and the ignition’s turned off.?
- Let your engine cool for about 10 minutes.?
- Reach under the dash and pull the lever.?
- The bonnet will pop open.
- Lift the bonnet slightly and feel the release catch, then slide it to the left.
- Lift the bonnet fully, then prop it up safely.
- TOP TIP: Don’t open your bonnet in a high wind.
- Time to put the bonnet down??
- Hold it up with one hand, release the strut with the other.?
- Let the bonnet down, then about 30 cm from the body, drop it to lock it.?
- TOP TIP: Don’t push the bonnet down to lock it: you might dent your lovely car.
That’s how easy it is to open and close your bonnet.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, just ask your Ford Dealer.?
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you keep your Ford in top condition and make best use of its many features.
Imagery and information shown throughout this video may not reflect latest UK specifications, colours may vary, options and/or accessories may be featured at additional cost and locations and vehicles used may be outside of the UK.